Yankee Doodle Macaroni Salad
This is a versatile recipe that you can make your own. experiment with your favorite flavors.
- 1 box macaroni use any favorite noodle like penne, bow ties, etc...
- water for boiling
- salt and pepper to taste
Variations to try
- chopped vegetables of your choice green pepper, onion, broccoli, kale, spinach, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, etc..,
- mayo or mayo substitute
- mustard - added to the mayo yellow, Dijon, spicy, whatever your choice
- Italian dressing in place of mayo/mustard
- spices of your choice
- Cook pasta as noted on box.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop vegetables
- In seperate bowl, make mayo and mustard combination. Add a little vinegar or Italian dressing to thin out the combination if you want to add a little flavor.
- Combine pasta, vegetables, and seasonings from the alternative list you choose.
- Keep cool to avoid spoiling.