For the low carb diet, this is a staple.
- 1 head cauliflower
- water to steam (1/3 of the height of pot)
- 1 pat butter
Variations to Consider
- Cheese cheddar, parmesan, cream cheese, blue cheese, or any favorite
- non- dairy milks any plain, unsweetened - like almond, soy, nut, etc..
- flavor additions crushed garlic or garlic powder, Old Bay, lemon pepper, paprika, etc...
- 1 splash milk or replace with cheese option
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Place in pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer until fork tender. About 10-5 minutes.
- Mash with hand masher or electric mixer.
- Add milk and a pat of butter or use cheese alternatives. Adjust recipe for diet requirements.
- Add flavor additions to taste.