I'm not a big bourbon fan but wanted to enjoy the party. Here is my version of a GoldRush.
- 1 oz Honey syrup Made by warming 1 oz of honey with 1 oz of water - mix well
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice usually 1 whole lemon - remove seeds but leave pulp for extra lemon flavor
- 1 oz Bourbon I prefer Buffalo's Trace but your favorite will do
- cubed ice in the shaker
- crushed ice in the glass I like a lowball glass but any will work
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Mix remaining ingredients in the shaker and shake hard.
- Strain and pour into glass.